Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (referred to as the GDPR or General Data Protection Regulation) has been in force from 25 May 2018.
This clause contains information about the protection of your personal data. As the data controller, we are responsible for the collection and processing of your personal data in relation to our statutory activity. The purpose of this clause is to inform you about the situations in which we process your personal data, the storage period, your rights and the way in which you may enforce those rights.
This clause contains information about how the Fahrenheit Union of Universities in Gdańsk (hereinafter the Union) processes or will process the personal data of:
Personal data controller
Your personal data controller will be the Union of Universities in Gdańsk with its registered office at Aleja Zwycięstwa 27, 80-219 Gdańsk.
The controller may be contacted as follows:
- by letter: Związek Uczelni w Gdańsku im. Daniela Fahrenheita, Politechnika Gdańska, ul. G. Narutowicza 11/12, 80-233 Gdańsk
- by e-mail: email@example.com.
Objectives and grounds for data processing
We process or will process your personal data:
- in relation to the pursuance of the Union’s statutory responsibilities following from the binding regulations (Article 6 para. 1 point c of the GDPR), in particular the Law on Higher Education and Science Act and the secondary provisions to the Act, the Statutes of the Union and its other in-house regulations
- in relation to the performance of a contract (including one for voluntary service) to which you are a party (Article 6 para. 1 point b of the GDPR) or to take steps necessary to enter into a contract with you
- in relation to the performance by us of tasks carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller (Article 6 para. 1 point e)
- in relation to the performance of our legitimate interests (Article 6 para. 1 point f of the GDPR) such as, for example, the dissemination of knowledge through the participation in events organised by the Union, the pursuance of claims in court proceedings, as well as administrative or other extra-judicial proceedings, including the exchange of correspondence with you.
Recipients of personal data
The recipients of your personal data will include only the entities authorised by law (courts, the Police etc.) and our contractors who, in relation to the performance of services for us, will process your personal data on our behalf on the basis of contracts executed with us previously.
Period of data storage
We will store your personal data until the completion of the task for which such data were collected, but not longer than:
- the period prescribed by law,
- or the time limits under the contract with you (if executed),
- or until the time you have made an objection (when the processing was based on our legitimate interest),
- or until the withdrawal of consent (where the processing was based on consent).
Rights of data subjects
Pursuant to the GDPR, you have:
Source of data
We have received your data directly from you or data have been provided by an entity you represent or by persons acting on your behalf.